About Energywire — The Transformation of the Energy Sector
Read the latest news on developments in the electric utility and unconventional energy industries.
Energywire covers the tremendous change and uncertainty utilities face, including the switch to natural gas, the growth of distributed energy, threats to cybersecurity and technology opportunities. It also provides insight into the shifting landscape of shale oil and gas development, pipelines, and liquefied natural gas due to markets, regulations and environmental concerns.
In addition to covering Washington, we have reporters located in the heart of the energy action in Houston, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Alaska, New York City, the West Coast and the Midwest.
Energywire benefits include:
- Comprehensive energy policy and business news from around the country
- Expertise on cybersecurity — a growing threat to energy systems
- Investigative journalism that delves into data and provides insights on enforcement and practices
- Tracking and analysis of important court decisions and lawsuits shaping the industry
Key issues covered:
- Shale oil and gas development, liquefied natural gas (LNG), oil sands, deep water and Arctic drilling, enhanced oil and gas recovery, and other emerging fossil energy sources
- Environmental concerns and the effects on water resources
- Regulatory authority and land and mineral rights
- Technology development
- Finance, mergers and acquisitions
- Pipelines, LNG terminals and other energy infrastructure
- Economic consequences
- Legislative and legal issues
- Global energy supply and geopolitical implications
- Grid stability and security
- Distributed generation and renewables
- Base-load fuel utilization and base-load facility retirement and replacement