The National Park Service announced Thursday that it has reopened Grand Canyon National Park’s North Rim to visitors, following a major wildfire last year that destroyed dozens of structures.
The Dragon Bravo Fire burned more than 149,000 acres following a July lightning strike. The fire spread across both the North Rim and adjacent Kaibab National Forest lands, burning the Grand Canyon Lodge and other structures, and damaging the park’s water treatment facility.
While restoration work remains underway, the NPS said that it has reopened all paved roadways, backcountry camping, and the North Kaibab Trail and its Cottonwood Campground.
“As families and visitors travel to the Grand Canyon National Park over Memorial Day weekend, the National Park Service is committed to ensuring they can experience its extraordinary scenery, recreation and heritage safely and responsibly,” NPS acting Director Jessica Bowron said in a statement. “We appreciate the tremendous work of park staff and partners to restore access to the North Rim for the 2026 season and help visitors once again enjoy this iconic landscape.”